Re: 'GNOME', 'Gnome' [Was: Gnome 2]

Jeff Waugh wrote:

I will strongly oppose any suggestion that we move to 'Gnome', because then
there will be nothing in between our name and the name of short bearded men
who wear red caps and gather in gardens (or interpretations that are worse).
That is *not* a good message, it is not a good association, and by breaking
down the slim barrier in between, we're encouraging people to make that
mental leap.

I prefer the WoW description of Gnomes which I believe is more fitting than your common garden variety folk (from http://www.blizzard.com/wow/townhall/gnomes.shtml) :

"The eccentric, often-brilliant Gnomes are one of the most peculiar races of the world. With their obsession for developing radical new technologies and constructing marvels of mind-bending engineering..."

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://jamiemcc.livejournal.com/