Re: Mono bindings a blessed dependency? [Was: Tomboy in 2.16]

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 09:21 +0200, Luca Ferretti wrote:

> Oh, it's a freedesktop project.

In which sense it's a "fd.o project"?  Considering that:

  * the spec upon which is based is in on the wiki, in the "even less
    than a draft" section, and it can be edited by anyone with an
    account[1];
  * I didn't see any endorsement by anyone - except by the projects
    for which Jamie did wrote a patch for;
  * I don't see anyone except Jamie working on it, making Tracker
    _and_ the spec as the next candidates to the "son of egg-recent"
    competition[2];

I like the idea of a common spec for file meta-data, and the idea of a
C-based indexer, especially for low-entry machines; yet, I don't think
that the current spec and Tracker are mature enough for the job.

+++

[1] Dublin Core anyone? Timestamps not using ISO8601 but something that
is similar-yet-not-quite-enough?

[2] What if Jamie grows tired? What if we stay with the same spec and
code lying around for three years? Is there some form of commitment for
the next years?

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--