Re:Mono bindings a blessed dependency? [Was: Tomboy in 2.16]

Hi,

Elijah Newren said:
> But, a more important question: We currently only allow apps using the
> python bindings into the desktop.

Is this true, or is it just because no-one's ever asked? I don't see any
reason why a gtkmm app like glom couldn't be considered for the desktop
- I wasn't aware any gtkmm apps had actually asked to be incuded in the
core desktop release.

> There are other languages bindings
> in our release set, but none of them have been similarly blessed.
> Assuming Gtk# is added to the bindings set, should it be a language
> core apps can use?

That's an interesting question - put another way, should the desktop
depend on the bindings? I certainly wouldn't have a problem with that -
although making GNOME depend on Mono is an issue which would give me
more pause than making it depend on gtkmm.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary