Re: Mono bindings a blessed dependency? [Was: Tomboy in 2.16]

Luis Villa wrote:
On 4/20/06, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 22:38 +0200, David Neary wrote:
Hi,

Elijah Newren said:
But, a more important question: We currently only allow apps using the
python bindings into the desktop.
Is this true, or is it just because no-one's ever asked?
We've had extensive discussions about it on this list. Python is the
only one that almost nobody objects to, and a lot of people would prefer
us not to use too many programming languages in the official Desktop
modules.

But luckily, not everything needs to be in the Desktop. I certainly
wouldn't want to add the political, technical, and strategic baggage for
just a note taking utility.

But lets be honest here. This discussion isn't about tomboy. We need
built in search; we're getting some of our best reviews in ages
because of our (currently optional) built in search:

well there's a huge problem with that - the memory usage of beagle would mean only high end machines would be able to run it. Tracker gives us a better alternative IMHO for integrated search as it rocks for *everyone* and not just the few.

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://jamiemcc.livejournal.com/