Re: Tomboy in 2.16

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 12:10 -0700, Alex Graveley wrote:
> Two questions:
> 1) Can you explain the actual user-benefit to keeping Tomboy notes in e-d-s?
> 2) Is moving Tomboy to use e-d-s going to be a requirement for inclusion
> in Gnome?

It shouldn't be viewed as keeping Tomboy notes in e-d-s.  Its simply a
tomboy backend, you can do storage however you like, presumably the same
tomboy system you have now.

I'm not totally sure its worth it.  But if we want to talk about first
class objects and tagging there has to be some storage mechanism for the
meta data (e-d-s, beagle, tracker, something else).

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr novell com>
Novell, Inc.