Re: Tomboy in 2.16

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 13:06 +0200, Heikki Henriksen wrote:
> tir, 18,.04.2006 kl. 14.33 -0700, skrev Alex Graveley:
> > Tomboy is a desktop note-taking application for Gnome and is bundled by
> > many major distributions.  I think it counts as a popular and worthwhile
> > software.  Should we bite the bullet and add it to the Gnome desktop
> > officially?
>
> Are there any plans to integrate Tomboy with the new Memos-backend in
> evolution-data-server 1.6?

yay, it would be really good if all notes app used the same API, so
yeah, e-d-s' seems the best candidate, since it already supports several
clients at once, notifications of changes, etc

The only problem I see is the text format. Tomboy uses nice markup
which, AFAIR, evolution does not support, so even though you can add
that markup to the text of the note, other apps would display it
incorrectly.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>