Re: Re[2]: gdm2 string freeze breakage

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 08:21:32 +0800, Wang Jian <lark linux net cn> wrote:
> Hi Abel Cheung,
>
> My opinion is that before we have zh_SG locale, we'd
>
> zh_CN = Chinese (Simplified)
> zh_HK = Chinese (Hong Kong)
> zh_TW = Chinese (Taiwan)
>
> After we have zh_SG,
>
> zh_CN = Chinese (China Mainland)
> zh_SG = Chinese (Singapore)
>
> This will give a smooth transition for Singapore users. It is not good
> idea to let Singapore users choose China. That will potentially raise
> another politics issue anyway.

Agreed. Probably it's desirable to do it once and for all -- add zh_SG
right now as well. Chinese is starting to fragment like English do, so
according to [1], it looks like zh_SG is sooner or later needed.

Brian, the attached patch adds zh_SG and fix localized language name.
Is it OK to commit?

Abel
[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-simplified-chinese/2000/07/msg00116.html