Re: Clearlooks and GNOME 2.12

On 7/21/05, Shaun McCance <shaunm gmail com> wrote:

> 6) I sent off my default theme declaration about a week ago.
> Whatever the technical solution is, I need it to happen now.
> We hit UI freeze in less than a week.

Hmm...hard to get people to move on this issue.  Let's see...

I was a little surprised by your default theme declaration, as for
some reason I had thought Seth had already made it.  Anyway, no one
objected.  No one.  And nor does anyone use the old default theme.  So
I consider clearlooks to be the default theme, regardless of whether
the technical solution is in place.  If anyone tries to claim that the
old default theme should remain, I will claim they are in violation of
UI freeze after Monday.  And if it turns out my position is wrong and
people disagree with me, I will be vote 1 of 2 up to any time before
Gnome 2.12 including during hard code freeze to make the theme change
to clearlooks.  And I will encourage Shaun to start screenshooting
with Clearlooks whenever he wants--whether a technical solution is in
place or not.  And if a technical solution is not in place, I will
pressure people to make the technical solution match Shaun instead of
the other way around, as it's already past unreasonable for him.  The
issue was decided, and decided, and decided.  Let's kill this stupid
issue.

Object if you like.  But do it _now_.