Re: Clearlooks and GNOME 2.12

Today at 22:42, Richard Stellingwerff wrote:

> Personally, I'd really prefer to keep distributing standalone
> packages, since it allows me to do more frequent releases.

Nobody would object if gtk-engines got more frequent releases. :)

I.e. this should not impact a decision, since if clearlooks is
included and maintained inside gtk-engines, you could ask for releases
as often as you wish, or even more likely, do them yourself.

I can't imagine anyone complaining about someone else doing the work :)

> I'm not terribly aware of the release schedules and procedures of
> GNOME. As I understand, a few weeks before the new release there will
> be a feature freeze. How would this apply to Clearlooks?

You'd switch to bug fixing mode for around two months.  New
development might happen on another branch (HEAD), while this one is
stabilised.  Though, I'm not sure if gtk-engines follows Gnome or Gtk+
schedule (they're different).

Cheers,
Danilo