Re: make distcheck in tinderbox [was Re: make check failures- gnome-vfs, e-d-s, at-spi]

On 7/18/05, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad cs toronto edu> wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Luis Villa wrote:
>
> > build/distribute daily snapshots like we used to. Not sure if that is
> > worth the admitted pain of nagging/etc., especially since ATM no one
> > is offering to build daily snaps.
>
> I'm willing to do daily tinderbox builds with distcheck and all,
> as soon as you check in your hacks (in jhbuild, right?) and I
> don't get a notice from the maintainers of facilities I'll be
> using.

We're not lacking people doing tinderboxing.[1] The thing we're really
missing (which has always been more important than tinderboxing, IMHO)
is for someone to build daily rpms and debs for popular distributions,
so that 'average' users can use rug, yum, or apt to run CVS HEAD every
day.

Luis

[1] Though ATM it is just me, and doing it on other platforms
(solaris, bsd, gcc4, -j > 1) would be great.