Re: make distcheck in tinderbox [was Re: make check failures- gnome-vfs, e-d-s, at-spi]

On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 15:22 -0400, Luis Villa wrote:
> We're not lacking people doing tinderboxing.[1] The thing we're really
> missing (which has always been more important than tinderboxing, IMHO)
> is for someone to build daily rpms and debs for popular distributions,
> so that 'average' users can use rug, yum, or apt to run CVS HEAD every
> day.

It's also quite difficult, because you have to deal with all the
postinst stuff which may change without warning. And how to deal with
that varies between packages.

Oh, and it's worthless unless someone's tinderboxing too :) Because if
they're not, the build is guaranteed to fail.

--
Andrew