Re: Gnome Session Services Framework

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 14:51 -0400, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:

> It is not ready no but the code is there.  We need to patch some of the
> gnome services and test to make sure it is robust enough to become a
> replacement for what we already do.
>
> The reasoning is that the goal of dropping in a service file to get a
> service started up on login should integrate into our future goal of
> replacing how we start the whole session up on login.  This leads to a
> bit more code and caution than if all we wanted to do was what we are
> proposing for G2.12 which in turn makes goal #1 (not breaking session)
> the most important of them all ;-)

I am thinking that maybe, for 2.12, we just want to provide the
functionality for non-session managed services, and not use
libgnomeservice (or the launcher) for starting GNOME services. Of
course, that if we find problems, if everything works as expected, all
GNOME services can be patched to be started that way.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>