Re: gtk-engines photographed eating children

<quote who="Andrew Johnson">

> On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 05:31 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > In an attempt to be perfectly clear: libmist.so is now (gtk-engines)
> > 2.6.x where it was previously (gnome-themes) 2.9.x.
>
> Ok and this is what bothers me. Mist is at version 0.10 + a few bug fixes.
> IF you are using an aggregate package as an aggregate package then this
> problem does not happen at all. If you are not using an aggregate package
> as an aggregate package but un-aggregating them as it were, then why on
> earth would you give them the version of the aggregate and not use the
> individual versions.

The engines are shipped as separate binary packages from the same source
package, similar to other packages in many distributions. Once you've
aggregated mist into "module-x.y.z", there is no separate mist version
number.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

   "2.4.1ac17 is full of innovations and should be used with caution." -
                             Linux Weekly News