Re: Integrated CD ripping/playing (instead of goobox/sound juicer)

> Registering SJ as a MIME handler for application/x-audio-cd or whatever
> MIME type could be associated with Audio CDs is a good idea.  So is
> allowing DnD from the list to a nautilus window.
But still forces an app to be started, which is unneeded in this case
IMHO.
DnD is a good thing :)

Next to this (just imaginary): if some VFS thing like this could be
done, it could be possible to do something like this: I'm using Gaim,
I'm in a chat. I want to send a track to someone I got on a CD, not
ripped. I open the "Send file" dialog, go to the CD reader, select the
track and press "Open". The file will automagically start being ripped
to some temp location, and the resulting mp3/ogg/... will be send to my
buddy. Which could be nice too (next to legal issues, but well). Don't
know if the IM protocols allow the "wait a minute, I'm ripping stuff to
send to you" part though ;)

Ikke
http://www.eikke.com