Re: Proposed Modules, My Take

On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 18:44 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> I just think Sound Juicer is close to Perfect because I conceive of the
> task, I insert my CD, and I push one button. And all the tasks I've ever
> run into, like skipping a track or fixing the name of the track, have
> been equally trivial and easy to perform.

So much stuff is sane, it's like some sort of app that Apple would
produce or something.

Here is a scenario:
 - Reinstall laptop, copy home dir back
 - Some weeks later... fire up sound juicer
 - "Your selected music encoder is no longer available, please choose
    another" - opens appropriate preferences
 - Me: hey, cool!

It just works so hard, why can't all of our apps be that good?

--
Davyd Madeley              http://www.davyd.id.au/

PGP Fingerprint <http://www.davyd.id.au/pgp/>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA