Re: Proposed Modules, My Take

Il giorno dom, 16-01-2005 alle 11:57 +1100, Jeff Waugh ha scritto:
> Hey,

>  * pygtk
>
> The consensus seemed to be that we clearly document that pygtk-based apps
> are appropriate for the Desktop release rather than adding pygtk itself to
> either Platform or Desktop. As yet, no pygtk-based apps have been proposed
> for inclusion anyway.

from vte/configure.in

        if $BUILD_PYTHON ; then
                AC_MSG_CHECKING([for pygtk-2.0])
                if pkg-config --exists pygtk-2.0 ; then
                        AC_MSG_RESULT([found])
                        PKG_CHECK_MODULES(PYGTK,[pygtk-2.0])
                        PYGTK_DATADIR=`pkg-config --variable=datadir
        pygtk-2.0`
                        AC_SUBST(PYGTK_DATADIR)
                else
                        AC_MSG_RESULT([not found])
                        BUILD_PYTHON=false
                fi
        fi

BTW will be gnome-python[-extra] included in GNOME Bindings release?

>  * totem - include!
>
> Let's do it. The GStreamer support has been dramatically improved. If we can
> watch or listen to vorbis/theora streams reliably, it's ready. :-)

My only concern about Totem it's the all-in-one design.

IMHO could be better split the DVD player into a separate UI ala OSX and
remove the Audio CD playing ability (we have yet gnome-cd-
player/Goobox/SJ).

But it's so late...

> * goobox
>
> There was a rough consensus that we should include sound-juicer
> instead, as it has been around for much longer, and is already shipped
> by many of our distributors. Choosing something entirely different
> seems like unnecessary software churn.

Paolo showed us how to build up a great volume control button. I like to
see it in libegg and used in Totem, Rhythmbox and Volume applet :-)))

IMHO goobox is a great replacement for the current CD player shipped
with gnome-media

--
Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>