Re: Proposed Modules, My Take

On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 22:06 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> I'd rather wait until 2.11/2.12 to add sound-juicer because I think it's
> only worthwhile when it can be a replacement for the CD player that
> happens to rip CDs too.

I have to admit I'm a little mystified by this "merge the ripper and the
player UI" trend - I see that they involve the same implementation
backend, but I don't see how the user tasks are related.

I never play CDs, I only rip. But even for people who do both, I can't
imagine they see them as the same task or typically want to do them at
the same time.

Are we glomming the UI together just because it's the same backend?

Havoc