Re: Proposed Modules, My Take
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- Cc: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>, "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Proposed Modules, My Take
- Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 17:34:06 -0500
On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 22:06 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> I'd rather wait until 2.11/2.12 to add sound-juicer because I think it's
> only worthwhile when it can be a replacement for the CD player that
> happens to rip CDs too.
I have to admit I'm a little mystified by this "merge the ripper and the
player UI" trend - I see that they involve the same implementation
backend, but I don't see how the user tasks are related.
I never play CDs, I only rip. But even for people who do both, I can't
imagine they see them as the same task or typically want to do them at
the same time.
Are we glomming the UI together just because it's the same backend?
] [Thread Prev