Re: Proposed Modules, My Take

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Ross Burton wrote:

Note that I've, as usual, been very bad at doing what I said I would do:
SJ in CVS is currently just a audio-profile'd version of SJ 0.5.x and
doesn't do anything interesting like play CDs.  Whether or not this is
an issue depends on who is talking: some people want it to be like
Goobox and some prefer it to rip and just rip.

I'm pretty convinced that S-J - a CD ripper - really doesn't need CD player functionality, and that in its current form it would be a very welcome addition to the GNOME desktop. It could make 2.10 "the multimedia release" (hmm doesn't that sound 1998) - Totem alone (while impressive) would be a bit too little to boast the multimedia aspect of GNOME.

My 2 eurocents...

--
Reinout van Schouwen

==  Europa zonder softwarepatenten! == www.nosoftwarepatents.com ==