Re: Proposed Modules, My Take

On Sun, 2005-01-16 at 14:46 +0100, Christophe Fergeau wrote:
> > Sorry, should've been on the list, it was proposed on Thu, 16 Dec but not
> > added to the Desktop modules list (not sure why). I'm in favour of adding
> > it.
>
> With or without the audio-profile stuff? The audio profile feels a bit
> unfinished to me, ie you can only encode to ogg vorbis and flac with the
> default audio profiles, their names are untranslated (dunno if they are
> translatable or not), and the audio profile editor is currently
> non-functional on my system...

Oh blimey, that was unexpected.  Most of the problems you listed are
issues with gnome-media.  Maybe it's time to start badgering Thomas
more.

Note that I've, as usual, been very bad at doing what I said I would do:
SJ in CVS is currently just a audio-profile'd version of SJ 0.5.x and
doesn't do anything interesting like play CDs.  Whether or not this is
an issue depends on who is talking: some people want it to be like
Goobox and some prefer it to rip and just rip.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./