Selling/Switching and GNOME [Was: Nautilus]

<quote who="Reinout van Schouwen">

> It irks me every time people talk about selling GNOME or using GNOME to
> get people to shift from some other platform. [1]
>
> * That is not what GNOME is about *

Yes it *absolutely* is. Freedom - not just software freedom, but the "big"
freedoms that it supports and defends - won't magically fall out into the
world if we just write good software. We have to go out there and "sell" it.
We have to go out there and understand the market so we do the right things
to lead the world to a Free system and culture. We have to go out there and
MAKE FREEDOM HAPPEN.

You may not be interested in or motivated by this stuff, but don't for a
minute think that it is not important to our goals or success.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/