Re: [Fwd: Nautilus]

Tomasz Janowitz wrote:

1) Opening folder = opening window - it's not only unintuitive, but also
clutters pulpit.
You may not like it, but it's hardly unintuitive.

2) There is no way of going to parent folder with closing current one with
mouse (and going file menu -> parent folder isn't what ii could call a
method, hack perhaps).
Left click on bottom left menu -> middle click on parent folder (or left click if you want to keep the current window)

3) Every window has different size/placement. The intention was to make
'association' between folder and this window. The effect is only
frustration. What do I do, if I have hundreds of folders ? Do i set them
individually ?

Use the tree view in the parent folder containing these hundreds of folders and just open the ones you need. Which is the view I use for my home folder, and my music folder. I've gone from having no experience with spatial window managers to really liking the way nautilus works.

I tend to access frequently used folders from the bookmark menu, and find the fact you can set size/position really useful, e.g. parent folder in top left, child folders tiled to right and below. Downloads folder that always opens in certain position. It has definitely changed the way I work and for the better.

ian.