Re: Thoughts on 2.10

George Farris wrote:
Thanks Sean, I'll check this out, I didn't see it mentioned on any of
the release notes etc.  With smb I'm sure it probably works.  I know
with ssh Nautilus spits you into the root and only allows apps to open
read only as far as I recall.

That's not entirely true. If my connection is:

	ssh://pat host:/home/pat

then I'll be in my home directory.

As to opening read-only, that's correct. You can try the sftp:// protocol instead, it had the ability to save last time I tried it, but it was rather unstable too.

I suggest moving this discussion off of the list at this point.

--Pat