Re: EDS Versioning Redux

Hi JP,

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 02:43, JP Rosevear wrote:

> We just can't commit to a bin compat api after one release.  If the
> contact applet, planner, gnome-meeting, gnome-panel or others using e-d-
> s have any objections, please let me know.  Otherwise I'll update this
> in the e-d-s/evo modules today.

	I still think it sounds like you're introducing this change before you
know for sure that there's an API problem bad enough which warrants it.
But, that's a call for you guys to make.

	Two requests:

  1) As part of the change at an EDS_I_KNOW_THIS_IS_UNSTABLE header
     guard (c.f. libwnck) so people are forced to acknowledge that
     the API is subject to change

  2) Please try and keep consumers informed of API changes which might
     affect them

Thanks,
Mark.