Re: Thoughts on 2.10

On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 00:14 -0400, Sean Middleditch wrote:

> I'm also seeing the mounts in the file chooser, but this is GNOME 2.8 -
> I don't recall if the file chooser displayed them in 2.6.  I know the
> Nautilus stuff worked for absolute sure though in 2.6.

This is dependant on the application. If you're using the gnome-vfs
backend for the chooser in libgnomeui, it will display the mounts.
There is a local files only flag you can set, in which case it will not
display the mounts, because that would be counter intuative.

Quick survey, gedit and totem display the mounts. Evolution, galeon do
not. Applications that do not display the mounts, are either requesting
local files or not using GNOME-VFS, if you think this is in error, file
a bug against the application.

--d

--
http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/

PGP Fingerprint <http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/pgp>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA