Re: Thoughts on 2.10

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 21:14, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 21:10 -0700, George Farris wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 20:39, Sean Middleditch wrote:
>
> > I seem to recall that it always left you at the root though and it
> > didn't show up in the file chooser, I'll have to check the newer
> > version.  I haven't used it but someone else passed this on to  me.
>
> If connect to the URI smb://server/some/path, the "Server Icon" Nautilus
> creates (and remembers) always points to that exact URI.
>
> I'm also seeing the mounts in the file chooser, but this is GNOME 2.8 -
> I don't recall if the file chooser displayed them in 2.6.  I know the
> Nautilus stuff worked for absolute sure though in 2.6.

Thanks Sean, I'll check this out, I didn't see it mentioned on any of
the release notes etc.  With smb I'm sure it probably works.  I know
with ssh Nautilus spits you into the root and only allows apps to open
read only as far as I recall.

I had Ubuntu on a machine briefly but the I needed the drive in the
machine.  I'll have to install it again and do some playing I liked what
I saw in GNOME 2.8 but didn't have enough time to play with it.

Cheers

--
George Farris <george gmsys com>