Re: Opening remote files in GNOME (was Re: Announcing gnomevfs-mount 0.0.1 (very first version).)
- From: Mikael Hallendal <micke imendio com>
- To: Paolo Borelli <pborelli katamail com>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Opening remote files in GNOME (was Re: Announcing gnomevfs-mount 0.0.1 (very first version).)
- Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 16:13:54 +0200
Paolo Borelli wrote:
Il giorno mer, 06-10-2004 alle 15:44 +0200, Mikael Hallendal ha scritto:
It uses gnome-vfs both for writing and reading but iirc there was some
issues with checking if a remote file is writeable for some backends so
they choose to make all remote files read-only for now.
Some of the GEdit folks can probably fill in with correct background
information for this though.
Nope, at the moment gedit uses gnome-vfs ony for reading.
Switching gedit to gnome-vfs for writing is not an easy task but, time
permitting, we'll give it a try in 2.9... This will also have to deal
with how many problems in gnome-vfs itself will turn up.
Oh, sorry, I was under the impression that it's been using GnomeVFS all
the time. Why do you expect there to be problems using GnomeVFS for writing?
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/
] [Thread Prev