Re: Opening remote files in GNOME (was Re: Announcing gnomevfs-mount 0.0.1 (very first version).)

Il giorno mer, 06-10-2004 alle 15:44 +0200, Mikael Hallendal ha scritto:

> It uses gnome-vfs both for writing and reading but iirc there was some
> issues with checking if a remote file is writeable for some backends so
> they choose to make all remote files read-only for now.
>
> Some of the GEdit folks can probably fill in with correct background
> information for this though.

Nope, at the moment gedit uses gnome-vfs ony for reading.
Switching gedit to gnome-vfs for writing is not an easy task but, time
permitting, we'll give it a try in 2.9... This will also have to deal
with how many problems in gnome-vfs itself will turn up.

ciao
	paolo