Re: Polypaudio for Gnome 2.10, the next steps

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 14:16 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Colin Walters">
>
> > > One of the best arguments I've heard for having a user-daemon sound
> > > server is that it'll be far more receptive to dynamic reconfiguration
> > > via D-BUS
> >
> > What reconfiguration would you want to do?
>
> Switching inputs and outputs depending on hardware [changes]

Maybe I'm being dense, but what would the scenario be here?  You have a
laptop, and you plug in a USB sound gadget...and...?  I'm not sure :)
What changes like this couldn't be handled at the OS level and require
GNOME integration?

> and network changes,

This is only interesting in the thin client case, no?