Re: Browsing deep hierarchies in spatial mode

On Mon, 2004-22-11 at 17:23 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 13:54 -0800, Gabriel Bauman wrote:
> >
> > Don't write this idea off because KDE had something with some
> > fundamental differences that most of us didn't like. Context-menu
> > browsing wouldn't affect existing behaviour, so people that are happy
> > with the status quo could keep on status-quoing - and the rest of us
> > could stop clicking so much. :)
>
> FWIW I didn't mean to write the idea off, it sounds plausible to me as
> something we should try out.

I think maybe a redefinition of terms might help here.  It seems like we
want "spacial" views but a better "navigation" model.  If we think in
these terms we get to keep both the spacial views which are nice for
shallow folders, plus, we get a method of navigation which does fit the
spacial model.

Navigate to folder -> open spacial view.

This would also not have the annoying side effect of having browse mode
always prompt for network share passwords when you don't want it, which
I guess is really a bug.

Cheers

--
George Farris