Re: Browsing deep hierarchies in spatial mode

On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 21:20 +0200, Kalle Vahlman wrote:
> So, assuming that gtk menus are in par with BeOS's, it wouldn't be a
> problem to browse to say '/usr/share/doc/libgtk2.0-doc' with submenus?
> My /usr/share/doc folder has few less than 1000 directories, I don't
> want to even think how many of these actually fit on-screen at the
> same time.
>
> I would not think it wise to implement stuff that goes *boom*[1] on a
> very common scenario found in probably all installations.

There used to be a KDE menu for the filesystem hierarchy that was fun to
play with, because you could easily get huge numbers of items in a
single menu, or a zillion levels of submenu. You'd run out of screen
space on the right, then submenus start appearing to the left, then you
get back to the left side, then start going right again... pretty good
torture test for the menu code anyhow to make a huge zigzag all over the
screen ;-)

Havoc