Re: Polypaudio for Gnome 2.10, the next steps

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 17:31 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 22:56 +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > What I'd like to know: what is still missing? what are the next steps?
> > Am I even near to get this into Gnome 2.10? Are there any general
> > objections towards replacing Esound with Polypaudio? I am interested
> > in a "yes" or "no" statement as definite and official as I can get it.
>
> This is passing the buck a bit but I'd like to hear from some of the
> teams that would be using this - Helix, GStreamer, Rhythmbox, Sound
> Juicer, whoever.

For pretty much anything above GStreamer, whether we use Polypaudio or
ALSA is basically irrelevant.  Rhythmbox just gets the default audio
sink from GConf, which will be set to whatever the distributor wants
(Fedora currently uses alsasink by default).  Sound Juicer doesn't play
back sounds at the moment, but when it does CD playing I assume it would
just use the GConf sink as well.