Re: jhbuilding was: Proposed Module Request, Request

On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 00:05 +1100, Anand Kumria wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 08:24:11PM +0800, Trent Lloyd wrote:
> > Hi Anand,
> >
> > > Has anyone had any success completing a jhbuild of gnome 2.10? I've spent
> > > a week on and off attempting to do so; are there any special tricks? Is
> > > there a secret list where people are flinging patches to fix build issues,
> > > etc.?
> >
> > I find that theres usually something broken somewhere (more often than
> > not auto-tools related)
> >
> > I generally have ot fudge through with a few manual interventions and
> > skip a couple, don't think I've ever really had a clean run, that just
> > the nature of CVS (and autotools...)
>
> None of my breakages have been autotool related, so far.

In general it seem a lot of the failures are caused by the fact that you
are not using a clean checkout (which is not to say they arent bugs).
Just using the -a flag should improve the situation a lot.

Looking at the last log:

gtk-engines

The required automake version has been bumbed. Need to rerun autogen
there. I'm not sure if this can be made happen automatically.

libgnomecups

You should install the cups development package. Though it should have
been detected at configure time. Please post a bug about this.

gcalctool
gnome-system-tools

These should call the GNOME_COMMON_INIT macro. Please post bugs about
these.

Marco