Re: more build sherrif-ery (and a touch of auto*)
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: James Henstridge <james jamesh id au>
- Cc: Mark McLoughlin <markmc redhat com>, Kjartan Maraas <kmaraas broadpark no>, Jordi Mallach <jordi sindominio net>, GNOME Desktop Devel <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, louie novell com
- Subject: Re: more build sherrif-ery (and a touch of auto*)
- Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 20:58:47 -0500
On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 09:33 +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
> While there were big differences between Automake 1.4 and 1.5 (partly
> due to the length of time between releases) that would warrant parallel
> installation, the differences between newer Automake minor series has
> been a lot smaller.
> A number of the minor version bumps seem to have been due to increases
> in the minimum required autoconf version rather than a significant user
> visible changes.
It may need to be clarified to upstream automake guys that if two
versions are compatible, they should have the same binary name?
] [Thread Prev