Re: more build sherrif-ery (and a touch of auto*)

Jody Goldberg wrote:

So what do we do about this? Is this the point where we finally force
everything to dump automake 1.4? Or do we revert this?

If we're ever going to do it now is the time.
First of all, sorry for the breakage. I gave Jordi permission to commit the patch, but hadn't checked that Automake-1.4 had the flag.

As for getting rid of Automake 1.4 as a requirement for building Gnome, it sounds like a good idea. I just did a quick check of my build trees, and the list of modules in the gnome desktop that still use 1.4 are:

bug-buddy, eel, eog, ggv, gnome-control-center, gnome-mag, gnome-netstatus, gnome-system-tools, gnome-terminal, gtkhtml2, libart_lgpl, libcroco, libgail-gnome, libgtop, metacity, nautilus, nautilus-cd-burner, procman, startup-notification, vino

There are some other modules using 1.4, but they aren't in the desktop release. This list is smaller than it was for 2.8 because I've updated a few of the modules since then. If anyone else wants to tackle some of the remaining modules, that would be great. The important thing is to make sure that "make distcheck" still works after updating the build infrastructure ...

James.