Re: Proposing module: PyGTK
- From: Mikael Hallendal <micke imendio com>
- To: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- Cc: Mark McLoughlin <markmc redhat com>, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>, "desktop-devel-list gnome org" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Proposing module: PyGTK
- Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 14:17:53 +0100
Murray Cumming wrote:
On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 13:32 +0100, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
Also, as a third party developer having Pygtk in the desktop would make
a difference to me when I was chosing language to use for my
application. Since I could then count on every GNOME desktop to have the
bindings, rather than having an extra dependency to bug users with...
No, distros will ship what they want. They don't care whether we put a
library in our Desktop release set. They can only be forced to ship a
library if they really want an application that uses it.
If our desktop depends on it they don't really have a choice if they
want to ship GNOME.
Imendio AB, http://www.imendio.com/
] [Thread Prev