Re: Proposing module: PyGTK

On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 13:32 +0100, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
[snip]
> Also, as a third party developer having Pygtk in the desktop would make
> a difference to me when I was chosing language to use for my
> application. Since I could then count on every GNOME desktop to have the
> bindings, rather than having an extra dependency to bug users with...
[snip]

No, distros will ship what they want. They don't care whether we put a
library in our Desktop release set. They can only be forced to ship a
library if they really want an application that uses it.

Bindings is a platform. We should encourage distros to ship platforms,
because most software is 3rd party software, and that needs a platform.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com