Re: Where we stand in regard to the future platform / desktop technology
- From: Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- To: jamie <jamiemcc blueyonder co uk>
- Cc: Luis Villa <louie ximian com>, GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Where we stand in regard to the future platform / desktop technology
- Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 18:13:39 +0100
On Llu, 2004-03-29 at 16:29, jamie wrote:
> > It seems unwise to take a trip down a dark alley with a criminal even if
> > they have promised to nice.
> Can we wait for the legal letter Miguel is seeking from Microsoft to
> clarify the position rather than blindly speculating - it just causes
> unnecessary FUD.
The fact Sun and IBM are involved in shipping Gnome fundamentally
reduces the patent and IPR related risks compared with Microsoft. No
uncertainty, no doubt, even if you don't like it.
Yelling "FUD" at any factor you don't like is not conducive to good
reasoning or strategy.
] [Thread Prev