Re: Where we stand in regard to the future platform / desktop technology

> They got help from Sun too. Neither side is saintly here.

These things aside I think there is a perception that Microsoft would
see Mono accidentally fouling one of their related patents as a
"business opportunity", possibly to be 'noticed' a few years hence,
while Sun/IBM at least are likely to say "Uhumm.. don't do that it
causes issues", not least of which because by shipping it they would
probably be deemed to be accepting the situation by dint of estoppel.

It seems unwise to take a trip down a dark alley with a criminal even if
they have promised to nice.

Alan