Re: Where we stand in regard to the future platform / desktop technology

On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 10:02, jamie wrote:
> > Red Hat ships Eclipse compiled with gcj and it works fine.
>
> Is it complete and have they solved the hangs? I'm keen to use Eclipse
> but last time I looked it wasn't very stable with gcj.

We have patches to gcj probably... not sure which is the latest snapshot
to try. Our Eclipse is supposed to appear in Fedora as soon as the
developers get a chance.

>  Also the
> performance of it leaves a little bit to be desired dont you think?

Remember that SWT is involved here too, it's not Java-GTK.

Havoc