Re: Plans for 2.8 - GNOME Managed Language Services?
- From: Ian McKellar <yakk yakk net>
- To: Shahms King <shahms shahms com>
- Cc: GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Plans for 2.8 - GNOME Managed Language Services?
- Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 16:33:08 -0800
On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 15:11, Shahms King wrote:
> Yes, having the GNOME core implemented in multiple languages is just
> begging for the Sawfish problem all over again... With GNOME 2.0 right
> around the corner Sawfish had yet to be ported from Gtk+ 1.2 because it
> was largely written in Scheme and the gtk+ bindings hadn't been ported
Its quite different. rep was invented by jsh and is unused outside of
sawfish and jade (the editor John wrote - that only he uses). Python is
widely used, widely known, widely supported.
] [Thread Prev