Re: Plans for 2.8 - GNOME Managed Language Services?

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 05:48:32PM +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 16:55, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > My suggestion if we want to do something in 2.8 and we can't get people
> > behind "open source Java subset" is:

What makes you think that? The java-gnome project has grown
tremendously over the past few months. Joining the gnome bindings
release has meant that the project has moved forward and lots more
people know about and use java-gnome - even when we don't have a stable
release yet. We now have a few more developers "in-training" and have
good hopes for the future. We've also had developers of some of the
smaller open source jvm's working hard at getting java-gnome to run on
their systems and helping us fix bugs (Java-Gnome works fine on many of
the larger open source JVMs).

--
  .''`. Mark Howard
 : :' :