Re: GUADEC cancelled due to beer shortage

Hi Joe,

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 20:04, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 14:43, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
>
> > 	Because, if the answer to the latter question is no, then I don't think
> > these files should be in plists at all. What if two packages own keys in
> > the same directory? This is even more likely to cause problems now that
> > we're merging big sections of the tree into single files.
>
> Exactly.  I was thinking of removing %gconf.xml files from plists, but
> there would be a lot of work involved.  The one advantage of the way we
> have it now is that we are able to quickly spot problems when Makefiles
> get munged, and gconf schemas are not correctly processed.  However,
> given this change, we may have no choice but to yank keys, and do
> scrollkeeper-like registration and deregistration.

	Yeah, in RPMs we install the schemas from post-install scripts and I'm
guessing its for precisely this reason.

	i.e. when build we do:

export GCONF_DISABLE_MAKEFILE_SCHEMA_INSTALL=1
make DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT install
unset GCONF_DISABLE_MAKEFILE_SCHEMA_INSTALL

	and then in the post-install section do:

export GCONF_CONFIG_SOURCE=`gconftool-2 --get-default-source`
SCHEMAS="gnome-session.schemas"
for S in $SCHEMAS; do
  gconftool-2 --makefile-install-rule %{_sysconfdir}/gconf/schemas/$S > /dev/null
done

Cheers,
Mark.