Re: Lock'n'load! [Was: Integrating system tools in GNOME]
- From: "Sergey V. Udaltsov" <sergey_udaltsov pochta ru>
- To: "Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)" <amadorm usm edu ec>
- Cc: jody gnome org, elanthis awesomeplay com, desktop-devel-list gnome org, Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- Subject: Re: Lock'n'load! [Was: Integrating system tools in GNOME]
- Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 22:44:20 +0100
> That GST is unable to configure eXceed X server does not mean users
> cannot use gnome, it just means they'll probably get an "Unsupported =)"
> dialog box if they try to use the X GST tool. Other users which will
> get that kind of messagebox would be remote terminal users, evidently.
> Unless they give the root password perhaps.
Well, even with local X server - root password is a must for system-wide
> > BTW, we should still remember about these poor people who do not have
> > xkb at all in their X servers - or, which is worse, have it broken. The
> > solution should be scalable to these situations as well.
> ... ?
Will they get this "unsupported" bark as well?
] [Thread Prev