Re: Lock'n'load! [Was: Integrating system tools in GNOME]

El mar, 08-06-2004 a las 19:19, Sergey V. Udaltsov escribió:
> > I agree you don't want a fixed dependancy, however the
> > XFree86/Xorg config parsing library is included with
> > those systems so building a backend for these is trivial,
> > its then up to people to build backends for XKeith86 etc
>
> :((( So do you offer me to build another abstract interface with single
> XFree&Co implementation? No, thanks. BTW, IIRC this library does not
> have proper public interface. Also, again IIRC this interface is very
> ugly (probably because it is internal). At least that was my impression
> when I looked at it.

Then talk to the guys and, perhaps, make suggestions or a bit of code so
it becomes an easier job.

> So far I am happy to store the keyboard settings in gconf and really
> happy to consider them as per-user settings. And people will have to
> fight me very hard to convince me using XF86Confg/xorg.conf.

We'll need to write a config backend to configure system-wide res and
displays anyway, so while you're at it, input settings wouldn't be that
hard.