Re: Distribution-specific menu [Was: "Main Menu" layout]
- From: Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>
- To: Mark McLoughlin <markmc redhat com>
- Cc: Glynn Foster <glynn foster sun com>, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>, GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Distribution-specific menu [Was: "Main Menu" layout]
- Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 18:55:08 +0200
Am Di, den 08.06.2004, 18:34 Uhr +0200 schrieb Christian Neumair:
> Am Fr, den 04.06.2004, 8:26 Uhr +0100 schrieb Mark McLoughlin:
> > Hey,
> > On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 04:23, Glynn Foster wrote:
> > > JDS doesn't. We originally wrote some code for GNOME 2.0 on Solaris so
> > > that we could handle the parsing of CDE menus, but I don't think we'll
> > > enable it for JDS.
> > My point about the distribution menu stuff being irrelevant now is that
> > you guys could easily add cdemenu:// to your vfolder. We don't need to
> > special case this kind of stuff anymore.
> Indeed. Plus, that saves us the cracky separator code. Looks like we
> only have it in there for the distro menu. Since most - if not all - of
> us seem to agree that this menu is unnecessary, lets crop it!
> Oh, I forgot: Speak now or forever hold your peace :)
The patch attached to http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=143963
works like a charm :).
] [Thread Prev