Re: [Utopia] Re: Next stop Utopia, full steam ahead?
- From: Danilo Segan <danilo gnome org>
- To: Robert Love <rml ximian com>
- Cc: David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>, Utopians <utopia-list gnome org>, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>, GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Utopia] Re: Next stop Utopia, full steam ahead?
- Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 18:01:48 +0200
Yesterday at 23:21, Robert Love wrote:
>> One thing about HAL is that users want to get it from their OS vendor as
>> 'some assembly is required' e.g. fstab integration to name one :-). It
>> would be difficult to distribute with GARNOME or jhbuild as the HAL
>> daemon runs as root.
> Hrm, good point.
We've got a similar situation with GDM, so that's a non-issue
(i.e. many people don't actually update GDM when they use GARNOME or
jhbuild; it takes some more knowledge to do that, just like with
Utopia and self-built Gnome).
] [Thread Prev