Re: Extent of localisation customisation (was Re: Preferences, System Tools)
- From: "Sergey V. Udaltsov" <sergey_udaltsov pochta ru>
- To: Jody Goldberg <jody gnome org>
- Cc: Carlos Perell?? Mar??n <carlos gnome org>, "\"\\\"desktop-devel-list gnome org\\\"\"" <desktop-devel-list gnome org>, "\"\\\"Sergey V. Udaltsov\\\"\"" <svu gnome org>, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- Subject: Re: Extent of localisation customisation (was Re: Preferences, System Tools)
- Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 20:08:15 +0400 (MSD)
> Before entering this swamp I'd like to see some
> that users realllly want/need to create their own locale.
At least I did not want it. All I wanted it to be able
to specify LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8,
LC_MONETARY=en_IE.EURO,LC_NUMERIC=en_US and so on...
But the truth is that good interface for organizing
this stuff can be difficult to design. Otherwise we'd
stick with "ad-hoc" locales which would be ignored by
Or, as I said - let's give up and setup only LANG -
leaving the exceprize of creating custom combinations
to power users.
] [Thread Prev