Re: Extent of localisation customisation (was Re: Preferences, System Tools)

> Before entering this swamp I'd like to see some
convincing arguments
> that users realllly want/need to create their own locale.

At least I did not want it. All I wanted it to be able
to specify LANG=ru_RU.UTF-8,
But the truth is that good interface for organizing
this stuff can be difficult to design. Otherwise we'd
stick with "ad-hoc" locales which would be ignored by
non-gnome locales.

Or, as I said - let's give up and setup only LANG -
leaving the exceprize of creating custom combinations
to power users.