Re: Proposed: Rhythmbox

<quote who="Joe Marcus Clarke">

> Why should GNOME be any different?

(I think the key for me here is release categorisation, and keeping the
Desktop release a very tight group of thoroughly supported modules. This
does not dramatically affect user requirements, because Rhythmbox would be
present anyway, regardless of whether there is a 'multimedia release' or
their distributor shipped it. Do we want to chain Rhythmbox to the tough
standards and requirements of the Desktop release? Do we *need* to? Users
will most likely have Rhythmbox anyway - what clear benefit is there to
having it in the Desktop release? Relevance and 'cool' in the GNOME world
should not be defined by inclusion in the Desktop release.)

- Jeff

           "Spam is about consent, not content." - Craig Sanders