Re: Proposed: Rhythmbox

Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 11:43:37AM +1100, Jeff Waugh escribió:

>standards and requirements of the Desktop release? Do we *need* to? Users
>will most likely have Rhythmbox anyway - what clear benefit is there to
>having it in the Desktop release? Relevance and 'cool' in the GNOME world
>should not be defined by inclusion in the Desktop release.)

	But Desktop release should include all the normal applications
an user need for its normal day-in-front-of-its-desktop: Web surfing,
email reading (when evo be ready), IM (in a future?) and playing music.
Not talking as a developer, I see all my friends having a long list of
mp3s, just typing "Spandau Ballet" and just playing the song they want at
that very moment. So Rhythmbox is offering that for the desktop. It's
not about 'coolness', it's just about use.

Salu2

--
Fernando Herrera de las Heras
Onírica: análisis, diseño e implantación de soluciones informáticas