RE: Formalising the release naming process [Was: GNOME Development Release 2.5.3]

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 11:12, jamie wrote:

> Perhaps change it to : GNOME Development Release 2.5.3: "That and a pair
> of spectacles"
>
> We could always claim the original was just a typo then...

While I am not all too fond of Jeff's testicles (er, the release name, I
mean), I would detest anyone in this community if they started trying to
lie and hide behind bullshit cover-ups like that.  Unlike other players
in the IT industry, at least Open Source/Free Software communities are
trustworthy and honest.  Lying like that would be far, far more
offensive to me (and anyone else with ethical integrity) than any amount
of publicized genitalia (uh, of the release name variety, of course).

Not, of course, to mention that even tho testicles rhymes with
spectacles, a typo of one resulting in the other would be quite rare.
People aren't nearly so stupid as some might assume to believe such a
farce.

The release manager has already chosen a solution to this problem in the
future, there isn't much left to discuss, can we please let this thread
die the death of a dead thread?  Pleaaaase?
AwesomePlay Productions, Inc.